Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Sorry it has been so long since the last update... I have almost caught up to where we are today!

November 9th

We had our first Home Study session last night!!! One down five to go! We really wanted to make the session memorable so we did it in candle light. Well, not willingly… one hour before our meeting was to start the winds picked up and knocked the power out. I called our social worker in fear that we may have to cancel, but she was up to meeting in candle light if we were!
The meeting was great and not near as intimidating as I thought it would be. So many of the questions are similar to the ones we completed in our questionnaire, which marc and I had already discussed in great detail and knew each others answerers before we answered. The next two session are Marc and I separately, which means I can’t squeeze his knee or jab him in the ribs, if he is saying the “wrong” thing (Just kidding…well kinda).
Our profile is yet to be done, actually it has yet to be started. I woke up last night in the middle of the night concerned what I would wear on the day that we meet our birth mom for the first time. Do we dress casually, trying to not be too intimidating, or do we dress like we would for an interview. The first impression is crucial and who knows she may be a clothing designer and think we have no fashion sense.

Next Step…profile and session two of our home study

No comments:

Post a Comment