Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 27, 2009

November 24th

Well last night I couldn’t sleep, I had too much on my mind. So I thought I would take advantage of the insomnia and wrote our profile at 2:30am! And the best part is I re-read it in the morning and most of it made sense!!! What a sense of relief and accomplishment that it is done. I didn’t realise how stressed I was about it until now. Once I got going, it didn’t seem as near intimidating. I still feel like I was writing a “flyer” advertising the best deals and trying to sell, what I the “retailer” believes are the most valuable products. I tried hard to be genuine with the understanding that if I was in a birth mother’s situation I wouldn’t want embellishments but instead a clear and truthful description of the product. Maybe I should have asked Jacob to write a buyer review.

So with this HUGE piece out of the way, we are near the end of the application process and soon the timeline will be out of our hands and in that of God’s as we wait for our child to be ours!

1 comment:

  1. That timeline has been in God's hands all along, my dear. He knows exactly the little life that desperately needs you and Marc as parents and He will bring all that about when His time is right. He won't be early, but He also won't be late - He will be right on time with that little one who He has selected just for you. I am praying that as you write your letter to your child's birth mom that your words will touch her life, give her hope for her future, make her feel confident in placing her child in your arms, give her peace that God has brought you into her and her baby's life to provide a loving future for that baby. I pray she will connect with you immediately upon reading your hearts as she reads your letter and that she will realize that here is a place her baby will be loved and cherished by not just you and Marc, but by our extended family on both sides. We love you both so much and we can hardly wait for this to happen!!
    Mom Dee

    ReplyDelete