Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 2nd 2010

So our home study is FINALLY complete… The social worker came over this afternoon and all went relatively well. The house was clean, baseboards painted, Jacob was bathed, and the dog was brushed and sprayed with deodoriser. I had made arrangements for Auntie Tawny to come and pick up Jacob 30 min into the meeting allowing us to complete the remainder of the meeting in a timely manner.

So the meeting went something like this… Knock at the door, Maggie begins her routine barking marathon, Jacob answers the door and then yells back at Maggie to “BE QUIET”. I quickly follow behind and welcome the social worker into the home. Maggie begins to settle once she has smelled every square inch of the poor lady (thank goodness she was an animal person). Marc then introduces Jacob to Ms X and suggested Jacob take her on a tour of the house. Jacob confidently leads her into each room and shows her how he can jump on his bed, points out where Maggie goes pee and poo and how he can climb into the baby’s crib. We then proceed back down stairs where the social worker begins to ask Jacob questions. “Jacob what is your favourite sport to play”….. Jacob – “poopie poopie bum bum”. I nervously giggle, turn a bright shade of red and ask him to answer the question with his bog boy words… “POOPIE POOPIE BUM BUM”. I apologise and comment that he is the youngest of many older cousins. Social worker - “Jacob what did Santa bring you”. Jacob – Poopie Poopie Bum Bum. Yes that is right my son answered all questions with the same answer!!!! Thank goodness she seemed unaffected and commented how confident he was. If anyone knows my son confidence is not one word you would describe him. He is normally extremely shy around adults. Even though I appreciate his new found confidence and I am not so proud of what we now call his potty words!
Anyway, not much later we were SAVED by the BELL… the door bell rang and auntie tawny had arrived to whisk away our comedian of a boy! After Jacob left all went smoothly and we were able to tie everything up very quickly! So with the conclusion of that meeting our home study is complete!!!!!! Our social worker will be returning next week to review her writer report and sign all documentation.


Baby I pray for you everyday. I am not sure if you are already warm and cuddly in mummy’s belly or if God is still waiting for the perfect tummy mummy, BUT I do know that you are already in God’s Blue Prints and his blue prints are PERFECT!! I love you so much already and can’t wait to hold you in my arms.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so wonderful! This is the first time I've seen this blog, and the first I've heard about your adoption plans.

    What a warm and loving family for Baby to join!

    Looking forward to what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you could have asked for a more "normal" boy than Jacob...He's hilarious...has a wonderful sense of humor and can make you giggle just looking at his little smile!! I'm sure, Nat, that she found him a relief - not scripted as sooo many candidates do with their kids....Relax...all is about to be FANTASTIC!!!!
    Love yaz xox

    ReplyDelete